BattleForge Fan Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BattleForge Fan Community

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  BattleForge Wiki  BattleForge Chat  

Orthcrist - Scammer

Go down 
+2
AlexZeN
Lithaladin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lithaladin
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Lithaladin

Clan : Strength & Honour

Forum RPG
Experience:
Orthcrist - Scammer Left_bar_bleue10/100Orthcrist - Scammer Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

Orthcrist - Scammer Empty
PostSubject: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:01 am

this player i reported by Muttley
Back to top Go down
http://defensieweb.nl
AlexZeN
Soldier
Soldier

Forum RPG
Experience:
Orthcrist - Scammer Left_bar_bleue0/0Orthcrist - Scammer Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:29 am

Hi every body,

I confirm Orthcrist is a scammer

I m french so sorry for my bad english.

So i tell my story for inform you

So my scammer is : [B]OrthcristB]

Orthcrist, was scammed lot of people, you can see this topik in french section of battleforge.com here :
http://forums.battleforge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=287932&posted=1#post287932

His method is to propose to trade his enlighment for more than 3 cards.
In général 3 big cards and one or 2 little more.
For me was : Wheel of gift, mark of the keeper, mana wings and roots.

BUT, he ask we send the little cards first, befor the trade. We are gullible, and we send theses cards before.
After, he simply ignore us and sell our cards to the AH.
I lost my "Roots"

Please, if you see him ingame, inform all players, on général talk, that Orthcrist is a scammer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.esprits.net
Lithaladin
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Lithaladin

Forum RPG
Experience:
Orthcrist - Scammer Left_bar_bleue10/100Orthcrist - Scammer Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:06 pm

it seems you are not the only one who got scammed by him. In the last weeks i saw several complains in the global chat.
Back to top Go down
SOLIDOPS
Soldier
Soldier

Forum RPG
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 pm

hi lithaladin, thank you for inviting me to this site.

anyway, I can confirm that orthcrist is a scammer. read about him here:BF English Forum

Luckily i only lost a common card to this conman. We must do whatever it takes to remove him from the game, take away his promo cards (they're the bait to the scam) or simply get his name and/or his associated accounts known.
Back to top Go down
Lithaladin
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Lithaladin

Forum RPG
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:33 pm

I took some effort to copy your orriginal message from the BF forum cause i fear that the EA staff will remove it

My fellow BF players, today was an unfortunate day. A scammer had crossed paths with me and scammed one of my cards. Now you might say, "Oh, you could've used the report feature in-game!", but I didn't. Instead, chose to take it up here, and I'll tell you why. The moment I denounced his name to the entire server, I was whispered by a lot of curious traders and numerous victims; they had either been scammed by the same person or they were lucky enough to avoid them. Shockingly, the majority of them told me it was futile, because they had filed reports but their efforts were to no avail.

So, I started to collect evidence, and I went to the options to see if there was a screenshot feature in game. There was, and upon further discovery, the hotkey CTRL+O triggered the snapshot function. So, I proceeded to take a snapshot, but after the first attempt seemed to fail, I pressed CTRL+O a few more times. Then, the greatest thing happened to me. Battleforge froze on me. Taking advantage of the situation, I take a screenshot with PrintScreen. Here is what I got:

I have censored the names of everyone on my screen in compliance with BattleForge's "no name" policy.

That was the conman's script in the chatbox to the left. 4 cards for one card...hmmm...sound familiar? It probably does, as I was told it was an old scam by a victim who had messaged me. It didn't make me feel better, but it was nice to know. As you can see I was pretty heated at the moment and I made some threats directed at him; feel free to point and laugh. Yea, and I actually named by deck YUGIOH.

I thought the offer was pretty good. I thought my Ravenheart and my Grimvine held some weight, and I thought he genuinely wanted them. So, in hopes of speeding things up, I send him a card in a trade window first. Immediately, I request a trade, and he denies it. I thought he pressed the wrong button and I continued to request trade. He kept declining and so I whispered him. Soon after, I declare him scammer, and I swore to take it to the forums. Well, here I am now.

I am not worried about getting my card back; it was fairly common. I just want to show everyone this story and the stories of others. I hope everyone will not fall as easily as I did to this scam, and I hope the admins and mods will investigate the reports of players further.

If anyone wants to know the full story, please feel free to contact me via PM or in game mail. My IGN is LIQUIDOPS. I will now head back in game to file an official report and to check on my bids. Thank you for reading this, and I would like to hear your input.

SUMMARY: I was scammed, and other people were scammed by the same person also. I want to inform everyone of what happened.

Orthcrist - Scammer Battleforgescammer.th
Back to top Go down
SOLIDOPS
Soldier
Soldier

Forum RPG
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:42 pm

thanks for moving it, I'll continue to post in that thread.
Back to top Go down
Ultrakool

Forum RPG
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 11:52 pm

i have seen him ingame and added to friendlist ofr watching purposes.He has quite decent rank, dont be fooled
Back to top Go down
Ognjeni
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:46 am

i can confirm this i was scammed by this player , he stoled my sunderer.

i saw he have ALL PROMOS, he must have scammed HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE . Am i ever gonna get my sunderer back ?

p.s. i want to get back to this player, i would pay real money to anybody who can do anything about this scammer.

contact me please ASAP
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Forum RPG
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:11 am

sadly EA doesnt do anything about this guy. I have essembled many evidence by players and send it through the support to EA. till know they havent done anything.

The only thing what we can do is putting them on this forum and also in the dutch community http://battleforgefans.nl

We are not allowed to report them in the official forums so this is the only alternative.
Back to top Go down
https://battleforge.forummotion.com
Ognjeni
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Admin wrote:
sadly EA doesnt do anything about this guy. I have essembled many evidence by players and send it through the support to EA. till know they havent done anything.

The only thing what we can do is putting them on this forum and also in the dutch community http://battleforgefans.nl

We are not allowed to report them in the official forums so this is the only alternative.

is there anyway to screw this guy and other scammers ? im not talking about EA ..they are uselless .
Back to top Go down
Lithaladin
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
Lithaladin

Forum RPG
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 am

spamming their postbox full with mails

but sadly we can do anything else t hen reporting them ingame or reporting them here or in the battleforgefans.nl community
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orthcrist - Scammer   Orthcrist - Scammer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orthcrist - Scammer
Page 1 of 1